Tuesday, April 27, 2010

part II

Honestly, tell me you found something wonderful in every photo. I am not saying this as in an "evaluate my photography and love it!" kind of way, but I am saying this as in a "look around and take it all in" kind of way. When I took those photos, I had seen something beautiful with my eye. I took them so that I could share what I had seen with others. We live in a beautiful world, and I feel as if its beauty is overlooked.

Kids these days are occupied by television/cinema, videogames, or sports. Though some physical activity may be outdoors, the atheletes are usually focused on their performance and their skill. I do not know many kids my age who actually go hiking or mountain biking for fun. I don't know many people who just like to take walks around the neighborhood. Why is it that our generation is glued to technology? With this, many of those kids go around saying that there is "nothing to do in Roanoke" and how they can't wait to get out of this dark hole of a place that we live in. Really? Nothing to do? There are plenty of activities to do. A drive on the parkway, kite flying at Green Hill Park, taking a rowboat ride in Carvin's Cove, biking, etcetera.

And are we spending our time to keep the area in which we live clean? It has been said that the threats that we have been able to detect as results of global warming are now becoming less visible to discover, which creates a problem in trying to stop the problem. Our world is suffering, and therefore, we are as well. But what do we care? We're pale skinned citizens that stay indoors being Gleeks (nickname for people who watch that show Glee?) and being completely into the latest episode of Lost. We've already started something that will keep going until it can't anymore. We're in some trouble here.

I like to take time to either sit, or walk around every day, and notice something that I hadn't before, or just take a second to completely absorb everything about where I was. I like taking in all the scents, sounds, and feeling the breeze or a small raindrop. I'll lay in the grass and peek through dandelions and blades of grass, thinking about what it would be like to be an ant crawling up a blade that is tiny compared to me. Trees are friends, and they wave in the breeze. Sometimes I wave back. I don't know if other people do the same, but I like to. I think that all things natural should be cherished while we have them. Our society keeps growing, and our resources are depleting. This is one message that I wish everyone would understand. Our planet is in danger. We knew the day would come when Jesus would come, or the Earth would stop spinning or any other theory that has been made would be likely to happen. Could this happen with our generation though?

You know when you're about to go to sleep and you're laying there thinking of possible scenarios of just about everything, torturing yourself? Well, this often pops up in my head and it scares me. I wish that there were more who cared about our environment, and took a look at it. Our world is truly a marvelous place.

No comments:

Post a Comment