Tuesday, April 27, 2010

sæglópur

á lífi
Kominn heim
Sæglópur
á lífi
Kominn heim
það kemur kafari
 
Alive
Has returned home
A lost seafarer
Alive
Has returned home
A diver comes
 
One of my favorite bands, Sigur Rós, wrote this song, and watching the video gets me crying every time.
 
 
Is there a song/music video or movie out there that brings tears to your eyes every time you hear/watch it? I find it fascinating that something made by a person that you do not even know can just reach in and get into the soft parts of your heart, figuratively speaking of course. In the video for Sæglópur, I find sadness. It kills me to see that boy get tangled up, and almost drowning. But when the diver arrives in the video, I am given hope that everything will get better. I suppose this gets to me because in my head, I automatically relate it to my own life. There've been times when I have been caught up in a group of people or an acitivity that was just bringing me down to the point where I had become fearful and I had just let myself die on the inside. Not being able to breathe underwater is completely different, but it felt as if I couldn't breathe the way I used to anymore, until one day, when I accepted Christ back into my life again. I was pulled out of my pain, and I was given a clean slate. I usually do not like to bring religion into my explanations for the reason of so many people believing differently, but this is the honest truth.  
 
That would have to be a video that affects me the most, but there are others. For example, The Lorax by Dr. Seuss. When I was younger, I balled my eyes out reading that book and watching the cartoon version of it. I have always loved trees. I still climb trees and hideout in them just like the good ole days. But all that was presented in the story of the Lorax tore my elementary school heart in half. I think I would love trees even more if they looked like they did in the book.
 
Another story would be the Fox and the Hound. I mean, c'mon, the friendship between two animals that were always meant to be enemies is sweet, but when they grow up and learn their place.. gosh, it's awful.

Waaaaaaaah :'(

2 comments: